Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Your Sports for nothin' and some TV for free

For years I spurned the suggestions of my wife to cancel our TV.  Over and over again I told her that I couldn't live without daily sports.  Football, Basketball, Baseball, NCAA, ESPN in general.  There wasn't a feasible way I could do it.  We faithfully purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket at astronomical rates.  In addition to sports, how could we give up the quality series on HBO and SHOWTIME?

As I began to get off my ass while also scraping couch remnants off of it, I found myself entertaining the change for the first time.  When I did the simple math ($150.00 x 12 months = $1800.00) it was on, time to tell directv to gargle some balls.  Time to tell directv that we did not require their service any longer.  I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure I went with the latter statement.  After multiple offers from directv to stay at a cheaper rate, one offer even included a russian mail order bride, I had successfully cut the chord!

All along I knew I could connect my PC to my TV via an HDMI cable.  With the cancellation, the connection was made and we began to "legally" watch movies and the same series we used to watch on HBO and SHOWTIME.  We quickly made the connection that $150.00 is not a fair trade for watching your favorite show live instead of 8-24 hours later.  But what about my beloved sports?

I vaguely remembered watching the world cup online while at my my real close friend and buddy's house.  I double checked with him and sure enough a magical site was shown to me.
http://www.p2p4u.net/

This site is loaded with sports pudding.  Anything you want to watch is here.
Soccer, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Basketball, MMA, Boxing, WWE, Rugby, Tennis, Motosport, Darts, Snooker, Aussie Football, ETC.  They even have a constant ESPN feed if you just need a sportscenter fix.  It's all here, for free.  Yes, free.  Zero dollars.

I loved having HD sports, but I will gladly trade HD for FREE.
After hearing of this site I understand if you keep your Television, but you are bat-shit crazy if you don't at least use this site to watch all Pay Per View sporting events.

If you find yourself still paying for television, tell me why.


2 comments:

  1. i especially like the fact that you implicitly suggest the cost of the football ticket is batshit crazy... which your lovely wife has been saying for.... oh.... 5 years now??? :-)

    ReplyDelete